The purpose of this policy is to help you understand how we collect, use and protect the information you provide us with when visiting our websites and using our products and services.
Who We Are
What is Privacy?
Information privacy is about giving you, our customer, some control over when, how and to what extent information about you is used and communicated to others.
What Types of Information We Collect About You
We collect personally identifiable information from you in order to provide the services and products that we offer. Examples of the type of information we collect include:
- Personal Information. “Personal information” means information that we directly associate with you. For example name; address; telephone number; email address; Date of birth.
- Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI). “CPNI” is a set of Personal Information that is generated in connection with the telecommunications services we provide to you. CPNI includes, for example, call details, call location information and certain information about your rate plans and features. CPNI does not include your name, address and phone number.
- Credit and Financial Information. We collect information about your credit card or banking information for account opening, credit checking, payment processing, management and billing and collection purposes.
- Network and Device Information. We may collect information about your use of our network and the device(s) you are using.
- Location Data. We may collect your device’s location whenever it is turned on (subject to coverage limitations).
- Collection of Information About Children. Our websites are not designed to attract children under the age of 13 and we do not intentionally or knowingly collect Personal Information on our websites from anyone under the age of 13.
How We Collect Information
The Mobell Group collects information about you in three primary ways:
- Information You Provide. We collect information that you provide to us when you apply for, purchase, or use our services or products or otherwise communicate with us. For example:
- When you establish or modify an online account, we may collect user identification information, passwords, and/or security question responses that you will use for future sign-on.
- When you sign up for our voice or data services or purchase other products or services, we may collect billing and credit information, address details and other personal information.
- When you interact with our customer service representatives on the phone, enter information on our websites, submit survey responses, or pay for services, we may also collect Personal and other information. We may monitor and record phone calls, e-mails and live chats.
- When you use our services on a phone.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect a variety of information associated with your use of your device and our products and services. For example:
- Our systems capture details about the location of your device whenever it is turned on, calls and text messages you send and receive (but not their content) and other data services you use.
- Cookies, Web Beacons and similar Technologies. – A cookie is a piece of data temporarily stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. The cookie helps the user to save time. We may use, or we may engage third-parties to track your device and your visit to collect information such as your IP address, browser type, date and time, the web page you visited before visiting our website, your activities and purchases on our websites, and other analytical information associated with the sites. This is to allow us to personalise your visit (s), see which areas and features of our website are popular, and improve our websites and your experience.
- We may also use web beacons (small graphic images on a web page or an HTML e-mail) to monitor interaction with our websites or e-mails. Web beacons are generally invisible because they are very small (only 1-by-1 pixel) and the same color as the background of the web page or e-mail message. Depending upon your device or computer, you may be able to set your browser(s) to reject cookies or delete cookies, but that may result in the loss of some functionality on our websites. If we combine or link cookie or web beacon information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined or linked information as Personal Information under this Policy.
- Information from Other Sources. We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may receive credit information from third-party sources before initiating your service, or background information in connection with employment opportunities. We may also obtain updated address information from our shippers or other vendors.
How We Use Information We Collect About You
We use the information we collect for a variety of business purposes, such as:
- To bill you for products and otherwise process your transactions. By making a purchase on our website or over the phone with our agents, you are giving us your consent to provide your financial information to our service providers and to third parties as we determine necessary to process your transactions. These third parties may include credit card companies, banking institutions, credit referencing agencies and credit collection agencies.
- To route your calls or messages or otherwise provide you with service;
- To deliver and confirm products and services you obtain from us;
- To verify your identity and maintain a record of your transactions and interactions with us;
- To provide customer and technical services to you;
- To create, modify, improve, enhance, remove or fix our network, products and services and their performance;
- To identify and suggest products or services that might interest you;
- To make internal business decisions about current and future product and service offerings;
- To provide you customized user experiences, including personalized product and service offerings.
- Information Collected from Cookies – We may use information collected from cookies or other similar technologies to improve our websites, make recommendations, and complete transactions you request.
- Marketing – We may use information we collect to contact you about Mobell Group products, services, and offers that we believe you may find of interest. We may contact you by telephone, postal mail, e-mail or other methods. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time as outlined below in Choices Regarding Use of Your Information.
- In a Business Transfer – We may sell, disclose, or transfer information about you as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third-parties as a business asset in the transaction.
- To satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- To protect users of our services and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services.
- To facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations.
- In an emergency situation.
- To the Primary Account Holder – We may disclose information about a user to the primary account holder (the party financially responsible for the account). If a business, governmental agency, or other individual obtains service for a user, that entity or individual is our customer, and we may provide information about the user or their use of the service, products or devices to them or others at their direction. When you are the primary account holder, but you receive special or discounted pricing, terms or other benefits through another party’s agreement with us (for example, Refer-a-Friend), we may provide enough information to that party to verify your initial and continuing eligibility for benefits under their agreement with us and to calculate any associated discounts.
How We Store and Protect the Information Collected About You
Protecting your Information
- We use a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure while it is under our control.
- We provide password protected online access to your account information.
- By law, you have a right, and we have a duty, to protect the confidentiality of CPNI and we have adopted policies and procedures designed to ensure compliance with those rules. We will not intentionally disclose your CPNI to third-parties without your permission, except as allowed under applicable law, or explained in this policy. However, if you are the primary account holder, you may designate (in writing) other “authorized users” (for example, a spouse) to access and manage your account information, including CPNI.
- Retention and Disposal – We retain information only for as long as we have a business or tax need or as applicable laws, regulations, or government orders require. When we dispose of Personal Information, we use reasonable procedures designed to erase or render it unreadable (for example shredding documents and wiping electronic media).
How You Can Update Your Information and Choose How We Contact You
Access to Your Information
You may access and modify your contact information by visiting your online account or by contacting our customer service agents. You may also contact us using the information in the How to Contact Us section below.
Choices Regarding Use of Your Information
We may send you communications about services or products we sell. We want to provide you with meaningful choices regarding our marketing communications, and you may choose to limit or opt-out of some marketing communications from us at any time. Although, you may elect not to receive marketing information from us, if you subscribe to our services or buy our products, you will continue to receive invoices, customer- service and transactional notices, and similar communications.
You can manage your marketing communications preferences by:
- Following the “unsubscribe” instructions on any marketing e-mail we send you.
- Sending an unsubscribe request to the address below.
- Sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not:
- Provide your Personal Information to third-party advertisers.
- Publish directories of our customers’ wireless numbers; nor will we provide or make such numbers available to third-parties for listing in their public directories.
- Collect or use information about your racial or ethnic origin, political views, religious or political beliefs or any other information considered sensitive.
Your Role in Protecting Your Privacy
You play an important role in ensuring the security of Personal Information. We encourage you to use safeguards to protect your information and devices.
How We Communicate Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy at any time to provide updates to or clarification of our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of the Policy. If we propose to use Personal Information in a materially different way, we will provide you with notice by posting notice of the changes on our website for at least 30 days before we implement those changes, and obtain your consent as specified above for any material change regarding disclosure of Personal Information. You should refer to this policy often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or any of the Mobell Group’s privacy practices, please e-mail email@example.com. You may also direct your privacy related comments or questions to the address below:
The Mobell Group
Attn: Mobell Group Security Officer
The Winding House
30th May 2018