Every year, Japan welcomes several millions of tourists from around the world who want to see some of the most important ancient sites and attractions on the planet and experience the rich history and unique culture it has to offer.
If you are flying to Japan soon and want a trip that is fun, enjoyable, and stress-free, you should get yourself a Japan SIM card. Getting around is much easier and more convenient with a SIM card that can give you 24/7 internet wherever you are in the country.
Where can you get a Japan SIM Card?
You can get a Japan SIM card for your trip before your departure for Japan or once you arrive in Japan.
- Before your trip, you can order a Japan SIM card online through an online SIM card vendor like SIM card Geek or Mobal and have your package sent to your address.
- Once you are in Japan, you can buy a Japan SIM card at the airport or electronic stores.
- Before you fly to Japan, you can also order a Japan SIM card online through Mobal and pick up your package at the Japanese airport you are flying into.
The third option is highly recommended if you want to make sure that you have a Japan SIM card waiting for you as soon as you land.
What should you do to order a Japan SIM card online in advance to be picked up at Haneda Airport?
Mobal offers a wide range of Japan SIM cards that are perfect for long-term and short-term trips to Japan. Weeks before your trip, you can place an order online through the Mobal website and choose the airport pick-up option for your SIM card for ease and convenience.
Below are the steps on how to do it:
- Go to the Mobal Japan SIM cards page.
- Choose your preferred Japan SIM card plan.
- Select what type of phone you have — an iPhone or an Android phone.
- Click the “Checkout” button.
- Click the “FREE Pick-up” button.
- Select Haneda Airport as your pick-up point.
- Type in the date when you are picking up your SIM card, and your name as it appears on your passport.
- Click the “Next Step” button and fill out the order form by typing in your full name, billing address, contact number, e-mail address, and others.
- Choose your payment method. You can pay using a credit card, debit card, or PayPal. Provide the necessary information.
- Check if all information and your order are accurate to complete your purchase.
Where is the pick-up point for the Mobal Japan SIM card at Haneda Airport?
Visit Mobal’s website to find out where you can pick-up a Mobal Japan SIM card at Haneda Airport.
Why should you take advantage of Mobal Japan SIM card’s airport pick-up option?
There are many good reasons why you should use Mobal Japan SIM card’s airport pick-up option.
If you buy a Japan SIM card online before your trip and have the package delivered to your address, there is a possibility that your package gets lost or fails to arrive at your address before you fly to Japan. Or, if you do receive it, there is a risk of you misplacing it or even forgetting to pack it in your bags for your trip.
Also, what happens if you only remember to buy a SIM card two days before your flight? If you make a decision to buy a Japan SIM card online only a few days prior to your trip, there may not be enough time for the package to get to you before you leave.
Finally, if you make use of the airport pick-up for your Mobal Japan SIM card, you are guaranteed to have a Japan SIM card waiting for you at Haneda Airport.
What are the benefits of having a Japan SIM card?
Getting around Japan can be quite overwhelming to first-time visitors. It takes a bit of time to figure out how the ticket machines work, find which platform to wait for your train, order food at izakaya, and others. Because of the language barrier and new surroundings, a lot get scared and anxious and end up not enjoying their vacations.
Thankfully, if you have a Japan SIM card, exploring Japan should not be that hard. With 24/7 access to superfast internet, you can use various apps for directions, train schedules, translations, and others for a stress-free trip.
Below are the advantages of having a Japan SIM card:
- You can make use of Google Maps and other navigation apps to find your way to your hotel, a restaurant that you really want to check out, the most popular sites and attractions, and others, anytime and anywhere.
- You can log in to your social media accounts to upload photos and videos of your trip while you are taking a quick break from sightseeing.
- You can stream videos or listen to podcasts and music to not get bored while on the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Osaka.
- You can use Skype, Facetime, Facebook Messenger, and other similar apps to get in touch with family and friends back home.
- You can use Google Translate to translate Japanese menus at restaurants or Japanese signs on the streets and at tourist spots. You can also access Japanese dictionaries and phrasebooks for basic communication needs, such as if you need directions to the train station or the bathroom.
- You can look up opening hours, ticket prices, directions, and other information of museums, theme parks, and other tourist spots.
- You can find where the nearest convenience stores, ATM, bank, currency exchange counters, post office, sushi restaurants, or other business establishments…
Here are some of your options for collecting a SIM Card from Haneda Airport: