One of the world’s top tourist destinations, Japan is home to lots of beautiful sites and attractions that will make you keep coming back for more. From its breathtaking and serene countryside to its vibrant and busy metropolises, it is impossible to be bored and not have something fun and enjoyable to see and do.
So, if you are planning to visit soon and want a stress-free trip, get a Japan SIM card from Narita Airport that can provide you with internet access whenever you need it, wherever you are in Japan.
How can you get your own Japan SIM Card?
There are different ways to get your own Japan SIM card.
- Prior to your trip, you can place an order online for a Japan SIM card through an online SIM card seller such as SIM Card Geek or Mobal and have your package shipped to your chosen address.
- Upon arrival in Japan, you can purchase a Japan SIM card from a SIM card vending machine or kiosks at the airport, or an electronics store.
- Before your trip, you can also place an order online through Mobal and pick up your package at a Japanese airport.
If you are flying to Narita Airport, you can choose the third option for ease and convenience.
Steps for getting a Japan SIM Card at Narita Airport
Buying a Japan SIM card before your trip to Japan is easy through online Japan SIM card sellers like Mobal. Wherever you are from, you can place an order online weeks before your departure flight to avail of superfast internet connection as soon as you land in Japan.
The following are the things that you have to do to get a SIM card at Narita Airport:
- Go to the Mobal Japan SIM cards page.
- Choose which Japan SIM card plan you would like to buy.
- Select whether you have an iPhone or an Android phone.
- Click the “Checkout” button.
- Select the “FREE Pick-up” option.
- Choose your preferred pick-up spot at Narita Airport.
- Type in your pick-up date, and your name as it appears on your passport.
- Click the “Next Step” button and complete the order form by providing your full name, country, billing address, contact number, e-mail address, and others.
- Select your preferred payment method — credit card, debit card, or PayPal, and provide the necessary information.
- Review your order to complete your purchase.
Where can you pick up your Mobal Japan SIM card at Narita Airport?
Visit Mobal’s website to find out where you can pick-up a Mobal Japan SIM card at Narita Airport.
What are the benefits of Mobal Japan SIM card’s airport pick-up option?
There are several reasons why you should avail of Mobal Japan SIM card’s airport pick-up option. The following are some good examples:
- If you buy your Japan SIM card online and have it shipped to your home before your trip, there is a risk of the package not arriving in time before your departure or getting lost in transit.
- If you order a Japan SIM card online in advance and receive it prior to your trip to Japan, there is a risk of you losing it, misplacing it, or even forgetting to pack it in your luggage.
- If you decide to buy a Japan SIM card online last minute, there may not be sufficient time for the package to be delivered to your addressed before you leave.
- If you choose airport pick-up for your Mobal Japan SIM card, you have one less thing to worry about as you prepare and pack for your trip. Your Japan SIM card is waiting for you at Narita Airport.
Why should you get a Japan SIM card?
If you are a first-time traveler to Japan, it is very likely that you will be overwhelmed by how different everything is from your home. Aside from the obvious language barrier, you will find that figuring out how the trains and buses work, how much walking you must do every single day of sightseeing, and how to make sure that you are not committing any etiquette mistakes can be very anxiety-inducing.
Fortunately, with a Japan SIM card, your fears and worries can be eased. If you have a Japan SIM card that offers 24/7 high-speed internet, you can take advantage of mobile apps for navigation, translation, and others that can make your Japan exploration less hectic.
Having a Japan SIM card allows you to:
- Utilize Google Maps and other similar apps for directions to your lodging, must-see tourist spots, and other places you want to visit.
- Access your Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media accounts to keep up with family and friends back home.
- Post photos and videos of your trip to your social media accounts whenever and wherever you are in Japan.
- Watch Youtube videos, listen to podcasts, and others to pass the time while on a long train or bus ride.
- Talk via Skype, Facetime, Facebook Messenger, and other video chat platforms to people back home.
- Use Google Translate, Japanese dictionaries and phrasebooks, and other similar apps to translate signs, restaurant menus, and other Japanese texts you see.
- Search for opening hours, ticket costs, and other information of shrines, temples, castles, museums, and other tourist attractions.
- Locate the nearest Michelin star restaurant, post office, convenience stores, ATM, bank, or other establishments.
Here are some of your options for collecting a SIM Card from Narita Airport: